Frozen Water Lines in Weston, WI
In case you hadn't heard, the village of Weston, WI is running in to some serious problems with water mains in danger of freezing up tonight. When water mains are at risk of freezing, so are your drains. Here are 3 easy tips to help keep your home safe tonight:
- Make sure none of your toilets or faucets are leaking.
- A slow drip will lead to your drain freezing overnight as ice builds in the drain line.
- If you hear your plumbing making any weird noises (sound kind of like an old SciFi computer), contact us immediately to repair the leak before it turns in to a situation like this:
- This will help flush anything that might be sitting in the line, like waste scraps. I can also flush some slush down if it had started to already build up.
- Start running one of the bathtubs or showers for about 5 minutes. This should help warm up the line a bit. It's not fool-proof, but it can buy you time through the night.
- Do not run the hot water. The line that's freezing is the main, so there is no point in wasting energy by running the hot line.
We hope these tips help you and yours get through the night. As always, you can call us 24/7 for emergency repairs and service. A real person will answer the phone and help you out - day or night.